Name: Muhhammad Jufri Bin Taha
Club: Geylang International FC
When did you start your career in football?
– Started with Balestier Central FC U-12…….SLeague with Balestier Khalsa FC 2006 onwards.
What made you want to pursue a career in football?
– Honestly, have always wanted to be either a pilot or teacher then lastly a footballer. Would actually not gone on pro until I received a call during NS from Coach Nasar asking if i’d like to join him…so why not.
Where do you aim to see yourself in 5/10 years?
– On a vacation with my family. Hopefully still doing something for the football scene. Perhaps in a place where i’m suppose to be.
How long do you foresee yourself playing football?
– Well, I believe I can still give a few years in the league. I know my body is capable of playing quite a while, till veteran league perhaps.
Do you have any regrets throughout your career so far?
– No regrets, things happen for a reason bigger than it seems. Better to look back and cherish every moment.
Any match-day superstitions?
– Not really…just focus, be happy and listen to some music.
Footballer you look up to?
– The late Borhan, Roy Keane.
– Man Utd since a kid.
Favourite football memory?
– Got lots of good memories, cannot really pick any 1 favourite.
What are the biggest hurdles you had to overcome to get where you are as an athlete?
– Passing my 1st Beep Test on the 7th try if i recall.
Who inspires you the most?
– My mother, my kids are my motivation.
What are your goals for your club/country?
– For Geylang to win a trophy and go into AFC, for Singapore to be able to actually be on par amongst ASIA’s giants, not just ASEAN.
If you have/had children, would you encourage them to follow in your footsteps? Yes/No, Why?
– I do have children (2). I won’t encourage nor discourage the girls. I wouldn’t mind them playing the game, which I doubt they would.
Most memorable moment?
– So many moments that recall, no particular ones. Time spent with teammates away from family has always been the best. They are after all family away from family.
Most forgettable moment?
– Would’ve forgotten it by now.
If you could bring one player from anywhere in the world to play for your current club, who would it be and why?
– Park Ji Sung…to win the league. To improve the league.
Who was the toughest opponent you have faced so far?
– Myself, I am my own toughest opponent. There has been tough teams and players along the way of course.
Most serious in the team?
– The Mascot…..never seen it smile.
Joker of the team?
– Umar Ramle and gang.
Best and Worst fashion sense?
Best – Christopher Van Huizen
Worst – Me
Best and Worst music taste?
Best – For my taste, me.
Worst – For the team, me.
Most vain in the team?
– Umar, always looking at the mirror.
– “Macam nak tackle je…”
– None that i see.