Photo Credit: Junpiter Football
Name: Madhu Mohana
Club: Tampines Rovers
When did you start your career in football?
– In 2009 with Young Lions
What made you want to pursue a career in football?
– Knowing the fact the my job is my hobby.
Where do you aim to see yourself in 5/10 years?
– Hopefully still playing soccer.
How long do you foresee yourself playing football?
– Probably till 35.
Do you have any regrets throughout your career so far?
– Regrets, not really. Everything happens for a reason.
Any match-day superstitions?
Footballer you look up to?
– John Terry
– Honestly, i don’t watch soccer.
Favourite football memory?
– 2012-2015 with the LionsXII. Favourite football memories. Every training, every match
What are the biggest hurdles you had to overcome to get where you are as an athlete?
– For me, it’s not making the cut for tournaments. During sports school, there where 22 of us and only 18 could be registered for a tournament. I was dropped and to see my teammates play while i watched from the stands made me devastated. However it made me stronger, make me motivated to train hard and get back in the team. It will and can happen many times as an athlete. Being injured, suspended or just not good enough to make the cut. These are hurdles that we as athletes must embrace and have a positive mindset towards it. These were the hurdles I had to overcome and I’m glad I did.
Who inspires you the most?
– I can’t really think of anyone in particular. Would say my teammates actually. To see my teammate doing extra work after trainings. To see my teammates pushing one another during training. That inspires me.
What are your goals for your club/country?
– Simply to play and do well for Tampines and Singapore. To win trophies for them
If you had children, would you encourage them to follow in your footsteps? Yes/No, Why?
– Well, looking at the current state of Singapore football, I might not want them to follow my footsteps. Depends how we grow in the next few years.
Who is your biggest motivation?
– My dad. He’s always supporting me. Always watching my matches when he’s not at work. My dad’s love for football influenced me. I always look up to him and someday i want to do the same for my kids.
Most memorable moment?
– Winning the FA cup finals in 2015 in front of 90 thousand fans.
Most forgettable moment?
– Being suspended 4 months for the Beijing Guoan brawl back in 2010.
If you could bring one player from anywhere in the world to play for your current club, who would it be and why?
– Messi. Would want to try tackling him!
Who was the toughest opponent you have faced so far?
– Dicksonn Wakaeme. Currently playing for Pahang. The beast. Always giving me problems
Most serious in the team?
Joker of the team?
– Jordan Webb
Best and Worst fashion sense?
– Khairul Amri (best ) Yasir Hanapi (worst)
Best and Worst music taste?
– Zulfadmi (best) No idea for worse.
Most vain in the team?
– Khairul Amri
– Jordan Webb
– Gavin, angkat the players