When did you start your career in football?
– I started in 2015 for my first professional contract with GIFC. After joining half a season with the GIFC prime league in 2014.
What made you want to pursue a career in football?
– I started to like football when I was young and it was my dream to become a professional footballer. During the half season with GIFC prime league i’ve learned from the senior players & was inspired by them on how they push and motivate me to go further.
Where do you aim to see yourself in 5/10 years?
– I’m aiming to play for an overseas club to gain more experience from different teams/leagues.
How long do you foresee yourself playing football?
– I will keep myself fit and keep the momentum. In God’s willing, till its time to hang my boots😊
Do you have any regrets throughout your career so far?
– No. I enjoy every moments of my career.
Any match-day superstitions?
– No, I do not believe in superstitions.
Footballer you look up to?
– Gareth Bale because of his dribbling speed and control, his technique for first touch and also finishing.
– FC Barcelona.
Favourite football memory?
– While having the pre-season trial with Matsumoto Yamaga in 2017.
What are the biggest hurdles you had to overcome to get where you are as an athlete?
– I can say the biggest hurdle is to adapt with training, fitness & strength. As I did not have all that during my NFL days. As I need to discipline myself and commit to football by having a healthy lifestyle.
Who inspires you the most?
– My family.
What are your goals for your club/country?
– I will always give my 110% for my club & national teams whenever I have the opportunity and to win medals for club/country 😊
If you had children, would you encourage them to follow in your footsteps? Yes/No, Why?
– Yes. If my children were to love football, I just want them to do what they really love doing.
Who is your biggest motivation?
– My family & my fiance
Most memorable moment?
– When I scored a goal for Singapore against Afghanistan in the ‘International A’ friendly It was memorable for me because it was my first goal for my country.
Most forgettable moment?
– For now i have none.
If you could bring one player from anywhere in the world to play for your current club, who would it be and why?
– Xavi or Iniesta so they could feed me those through balls and create chances for me. Hahaha!
Who was the toughest opponent you have faced so far?
– I can say during the time was Daniel Bennett cause of his experience and game reading.
Most serious in the team?
– Jufri Taha (during trainings)
Joker of the team?
– Umar Akhbar
Best and Worst fashion sense?
– The best I can say it’s Syed Azmir & Christopher van Huizen
– Worst, none
Most vain in the team?
– Syahiran Miswan (very particular about his hair)😊
– HAHA I can say most players can wayang. I cant name any of it.
– This is a tough question 😊 cause I myself not sure about that.